Re: [TowerTalk] Aligning rotor, mast and thrust bearing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aligning rotor, mast and thrust bearing
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 07:35:25 -0400
Dave is correct ... especially the 'tighten DOWN' part.

Start with the bearing and work down to the rotor, tightening the rotor LAST, making certain it is in alignment LAST.

73
Don
N8DE

Quoting K1TTT <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>:

Bolt it all roughly into position so it can be lifted.  Then once it is
vertical just loosen the bolts a bit, line it up, and test, then tighten it
all back down.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net