Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical comparison question

To: "Scott MacKenzie" <kb0fhp@verizon.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vertical comparison question
From: "John G." <af5cc@fidmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 02:15:41 -0000
That brings up another issue I have wondered about. I know that monoband yagis outperform tribanders because they have the proper element spacing, where a tribander is a compromise in terms of element spacing, without optimal spacing for any of the bands it covers.

Does the same hold true for verticals? Will a single band vertical outperform a 20-10 trapped vertical? There is no element spacing to take into account with a vertical.

73 John AF5CC
----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott MacKenzie" <kb0fhp@verizon.net>