[TowerTalk] HG-70HD tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HG-70HD tower
From: "Nick Pittner" <Goodsonrd@netwalk.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 10:48:31 -0400
TT Gang,

               I have a Hy-Gain 70' crank-up tower, (Model HG-70HD), new in
'85.  The plan is to paint it with cold galvanizing paint and replace the
cable.  Here's the problem.  There are welded stops at the bottom of each
section, and there appear to be stops on the vertical side as well.  If that is
the case, disassembly of the tower sections appears impossible.  How do you get
access to the sections to paint them, short of spray-painting the nested tower?

               If any of you have dealt with this issue, please let me know.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Nick, K8NAP