[TowerTalk] K1TTT Book

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] K1TTT Book
From: Howard Hoyt <hhoyt@mebtel.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 10:09:04 -0500
Dave,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community...in addition to a lot of fantastic info it is a fun read. I have tremendous respect for your achievements...and ability to view an ice-damaged antenna without throwing in the towel!

I grew up in W.Mass and only had a small TA-33jr on a bracketed mast, and it was damaged by (falling) ice at a time in my life when I couldn't afford to fix it. I got used to wire antennas, they were much less expensive for a teenager to maintain. I also began to appreciate the community aspect of ham radio you are so good at cultivating and maintaining after I joined the Hamden County Radio Assn. (HCRA), they were a great bunch of guys.

What I take away from reading your book is the value of careful project planning and growing a ham community to participate in. The YCCC is really lucky to have you!

Thanks for sharing!

Howie - WA4PSC

ex-WN1PSC, WA1PSC