Re: [TowerTalk] 10 throu 20 beam traps or no traps

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>, <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 10 throu 20 beam traps or no traps
From: "Steve Baughn" <baughn@centurylink.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 18:55:00 -0400
Great Point Steve-I have an old pre-MFJ HyGain 205BA that I used for years. The instruction book for it states that it has 9.4 dbd of gain. Realistically I think modeling shows it to be around 6dbd or a little better. It does a great job but again-their gain figures are a little skewed. Your book shed a lot of light on antenna comparisons!

73,
Steve, WD8NPL

-----Original Message----- From: K7LXC--- via TowerTalk