Re: [TowerTalk] Recommendations for Purchasing a short 2 Element 40 Mete

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Recommendations for Purchasing a short 2 Element 40 Meter Beam
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:07:43 -0600
It's far from the best out there, but the Cushcraft XM-402 has a pretty good
bang for the buck. I've had the earlier model for almost 20 years up only about
48 ft and it helps quite a bit. I use a strengthened boom (0.125" wall
aluminum) but haven't done any of the element strengthening mods. It's been
through some significant ice storms here in OK and, thanks to the lack of wind
during and after the ice accretion, survived.

The dual-band 40/30 OptiBeam certainly looks very nice!

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the
music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith