[TowerTalk] TH7DX adn A3WS

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH7DX adn A3WS
From: "Don " <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 17:07:09 -0700
Not sure if this is right forum but since I’ve seen a lot of discussion on
similar subjects I’ll post it anyway!!

I’d like to make some changes to what I have on my HG-70HD tower. I am using a
Tailtwister and around a 14 foot (overall) chromealloy 2 in mast. I currently
have a TH7DX about two feet above the top thrust bearing. Above that, around
7-8 feet is an A3WS 12/17. On top of the mast is a Decibel 16 foot 2 M monopole.

Before going further we have winds in the winter hitting up to 70 + from time
to time. In 10 years nothing has bent, turned or gone awry. So I don’t want to
get into a wind load discussion.

I have an old KLM linear loaded 40 M dipole that I’ve had stored for a long
time, total length about 45 feet, About 2 sq ft of wind load.

I’d like to mount the KLM at the top of the mast and move the A3WS down.

The question is – what is the minimal amount of separation I can get away with
between the TH7 and A3WS?  I’ve read I could finds on the internet, but didn’t
find much. And there seemed to be some serious differences of opinion between
commenters.

Anyone have experience with a setup like this?? Have an opinion? Would like to
hear what you think and the ‘why’!

Don W7WLL