Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete in the wrong place.

To: "David Gallatin" <kc9eev@yahoo.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete in the wrong place.
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 11:16:12 -0600
David, Of course you want to not mess up the threads so be careful with hammer and chisel. The steel and the concrete have different coefficients of expansion so heating the steel with a heat gun (I'd avoid torches just to be on the safe side) should help loosen the grip of the concrete on the steel bolts. A wire wheel on an angle grinder or electric drill could help. I'd run the wire wheel in line with the threads not at right angles across them.

Best of luck on your tower project.

73,

Patrick NJ5G

-----Original Message----- From: David Gallatin via TowerTalk