Re: [TowerTalk] Erecting tower sections solo

To: "Zivney, Terry" <00tlzivney@bsu.edu>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Erecting tower sections solo
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 17:07:13 -0500
Hi Terry

   I have installed and dismantled   Rohn #25 and 45 as a one man band.
I use 3/8 in rope.   The Gin-pole is raised to the top of the tower section.
make sure the top pulley head  is pointed away from the tower climb down.  hook
up a tower section.
I use climbing straps and locking carabiners.  Pull up the tower 9 I use a
bottom pulley and walk back   gives a better view of the tower section as it
rises.    The raised height  just below the joint height .  Climb up and secure
off, as HIGH as you can ( securing in the top Z brace opening .  The  3/8 rope
has a stretch/bounce .
 The tower were pre assembled on the ground and  marked for assemble  ...  You
then line up your makes as you muscle the tower in place and secure with a
drift pin ...

Wayne W3EA