Re: [TowerTalk] Erecting tower sections solo

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Erecting tower sections solo
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 17:55:37 -0500
I have put up 6 towers over the years, solo.  Up to 100 ft.  My last 2 were
70 ft 45G about 6 years ago.

Used a gin pole.  A pulley at the bottom.  A pick up to haul the section up
to height.  Just a couple inches shy of the right height.  Then wen up on
the tower, pull it up the last couple of inches by force and slide it over.

If I were doing it today, I would use an electric winch.  Not getting any
younger.  But still very much a climber.  Its just easier with a winch.

Ed  N1UR