Re: [TowerTalk] Radial Connection to tower

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Radial Connection to tower
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 04:28:13 -0600
Rick,

I noticed this response and have a question.

Background:

I have an 80m 4 Square insulated 25G verticals and another tower that is
grounded that I shunt feed for 160m.  In all cases the radials are soldered to
a wire that goes around the concrete bases of the towers.  Then there is a wire
or two from the ring to a plate that that has a female UHF connector on each of
the 4 Square towers or to a tower leg on the one that is shunt fed.  Those
wires are probably 12-18 inches long and maybe #10 or so.

Question:

Based on your measurements, do you think I can make a noticeable improvement by
doing something different?

Thanks... Stan, K5GO