Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Change in Frequency As Antenna Height Rises

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Change in Frequency As Antenna Height Rises
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 20:22:25 -0700
On 6/1/16 7:00 PM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
Towertalk is definitely educational!  I was also not aware of the way the
resonant frequency changed at low heights.  I still see no point in checking
the SWR of an antenna near the ground.  You can use an ohm meter if you're
unsure of your connections however it was an interesting discussion.

Actually, measuring SWR (or resonant frequency) might be useful close to the ground to make sure it's assembled right with the right traps, etc.

The trick is you need to compare the resonant frequency against a measurement (done by the mfr) in a similar configuration.