Re: [TowerTalk] Sad news N5IA SK in tower fall

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sad news N5IA SK in tower fall
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 20:45:35 -0400
DITTO  John.

  The commercial towers even with there   Ribbon arrays  are great conadates
for  for TugTuf safety  systems.
A single or dual mast  mount amateur installations are also.

 But  tall multi mounted with swinging gates, rings and shunt  networks would
be a problem.

20 plus years ago doing a job for a Ham with  100 ft AB105 with two  tic-rings
mid tower   24' faced, angle braced   and I was waist  belted  was mostly free
climbed.   The owner came out and showed  me his New Klein full body harness
with  mid back ring for fall arrest waist rings and seat rings..... By  the end
of the day I was on the phone an ordered a full Rig with all  the accessories.
and to this day have Never  FREE climbed

I am on my 3rd Harness  IMHO  it's a no brainer.

I said this B-4 on this TT site  and mean no disrespect to Milt.

The Ditty go's like this

 There are  old Climbers
  There are Bold Climbers
  BUT there are  NO