Re: [TowerTalk] Cable routing

To: Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cable routing
From: Kimberly Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 16:20:18 +0000 (UTC)
I got tired of replacing deteriorating black tape and I could never get
ty-wraps to last long enough. So, I used SS worm-type hose clamps. I was very
careful to make them only a *little bit* snug, lest I crush the cabling. I
figure these will last longer than the cable. I did on the mast and the antenna
booms and have never looked back. I have CMCs on each antenna, but need to add
them to the cable end that enters the shack. The only square material to which
I needed to secure cables was rather small and only a short run. I used only
enough pressure on the clamp to make the cable snug, *not* tight.
Kim N5OP