Re: [TowerTalk] Something new in the air...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Something new in the air...
From: "StellarCAT" <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 07:25:20 -0400
no... I believe still not right - it is gxp-antennas.com

and BOY! These are FANTASTIC antennas.... (being facetious here of course) ... its amazing how they can claim over 8 dbd ... not dbi ... dbd of gain from a trapped 3 element on a shortened fixed length (tri-bander) boom... and over 15 dbi from a 6 element 20!! Wow ... my M2 15.3M boom 5 element is drooling with envy since it only has 10.6 dbi.

Either they're not being honest (and laughing about it) or these numbers are including ground reflection in which case they should state what height they're assumed to be at. I'd stay away from such a vendor. If they can't be forthright and honest upfront - I'd not trust them in any other specs or dealings.

I guess they're the Moseley of Europe. As a matter of fact that tribander does look like a TA33!

Gary

-----Original Message----- From: Joe Subich, W4TV