Re: [TowerTalk] 4 square for 80

To: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 4 square for 80
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 01:38:36 -0400
Tom, W8JI, put this up in an email, simply reading part 97. Note the
term "transmitter power". Power would be measured at the output of the
final amplifying stage. A transceiver and an amp would be considered a
two part transmitter.

I know that someone once posted the result of a call to an FCC field
office with this question, but I can't find it. I remember that the
answer was "at the transmitter." Tom's logic below seems conclusive
based on the literal wording in part 97.

peter gerba wrote:

> Where is the 1500 watts we are limited to measured from ?  The output of
> the Amp ?

Section 97.313b covers this. "No station may transmit with a transmitter
power exceeding 1500 watts PEP."

Transmitter power. Not common point or feedline power.

Broadcast stations are assigned an ERP power, usually limited by field
strength in a direction(s) that bothers another station(s).

That seems clear.

73 Tom

http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/amps/1997-April/000735.html

73, Guy K2AV