Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Loop Question

To: KD0Q <kd0q@traer.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Loop Question
From: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 22:08:35 -0500 (EST)
Hi Glenn, wow that's a great model you built up to test your setup. I think
that's really cool. I was going to cut the corners of my top plate off to
eliminate any sharp corners etc but seeing what you did here I may just attach
a larger plate on top of the existing plate to give the turns of coax something
to sit on and to hold it up. Mt top plate is only about 6"-7" on each side
(Universal Aluminum tower). That's a really neat idea, I was trying to make one
large drooping loop work but your idea uses several tight turns. I may even
have enough length in the coax I currently have cut. All I would have to do is
wind them up around the mast much tighter. Could you send me directly a close
up of the actual installation? The URL allowed me to zoom once but there was
not enough magnification and resolution to clearly see how it finally turned
out. Thanks for sharing this.

Gedas, W8BYA