Re: [TowerTalk] Dacron or Philyistran

To: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dacron or Philyistran
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 21:40:29 +0000
 My vote is for Phillystran.  I like the none-conductive characteristic and as
for it's strength.

I lost 7 yagi antennas in a ice storm in 1998. there was 2" dia. none
concentric   ice on the elements  and  I assume the same on

the booms.  Why I could not say  with any certainty  is the snapped  booms
still hung from there  towers suspended buy there  Phillystran

 and all night long  the air was filled with the sounds of a Giant wind chime (
the sound  of the booms banging  against  the towers )

In hindsight  the 5/5 15 meter tower stack  had the best sound...  like the
rocking  gong buoy the movie  Jaws .

Phillystran  my .02

Wayne W3EA