Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Foundation Pouring

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Foundation Pouring
From: JVarney <jvarn359@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 14:58:37 -0800
​Steve -- "Urban myth" might not be the best choice of words? The
idea I was hoping to convey is that the manufacturer's recommended
footing design are sometimes interpreted to mean that it is the
one and only solution for all locations. That isn't true. There are a
multitude of different depths, shapes and types of footing designs
that can be substituted that provide the same strength and
stability.

In some locations the manufacturer's design may not work, e.g.,
problem soils, expansive clays, groundwater, sidehill locations.
I'm surprised more manufacturers don't have instructions or
disclaimers to that effect. In other locations the manufacturer's
design will work but might not be the optimal solution for
that particular site.

73 Jim K6OK