Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower gearbox leak

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower gearbox leak
From: Clay Autery <cautery@montac.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 20:08:24 -0500
Pretty sure, unless there's something you failed to mention, that all
you really need to do is crack it open and replace the seal(s).  While
you are at it, detail clean/flush the interior and get all the crap
out.  Then re-pack with grease and/or fill with the VERIFIED proper oil
and give it a whirl... LOT cheaper than a full rebuild or new motor...

PS - get lubricant recommendations from manufacturers and service
manuals, NOT random dudes on an internet reflector.  <big smile>

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389