Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter bazooka

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter bazooka
From: "Don W7WLL" <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 10:04:34 -0700
Some years back I ran across a similar roll of around 200 feet of RG-6 on a small wood drum at a thrift store in the valley. Looked like it had been there awhile so made a ridiculous offer which was accepted. Checked it out a little later with a TDR and found LOTS of serious flaws in the cable. Suspect that it was dumped because of encountered problems. Ended up giving it to a VHF ham who was only interested in short lengths and could check the cable. Be sure to check your run with a good TDR or the like!! You don't want to have a rejected lot on hand!!

Don W7WLL

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Osborne