Re: [TowerTalk] Planning for the next move...

To: chandlerusm@gmail.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Planning for the next move...
From: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 13:07:02 -0500

>  So, in about 2 years or so She Who Must Be Obeyed and I will be moving

again. I will be finally retired and am hoping to build a modest station
that will satisfy my goals. We are pretty much settled on the western
Massachusetts area. We will likely not be buying a mountaintop farm with
the near-mythical island in a swamp atop it. Much more likely is anywhere
from 1/3 to 1 acre, so I am looking at a single tower. The older I get the
more insistent SWMBO gets that I do my antenna work at or near ground
level

    You've already answered some of your questions and others have offered good
suggestions but the salient point is whether you can put up some sort of tower
in the first place.

    May I offer my Up The Tower book that covers all of the potential questions
you might have (available from championradio.com) including 2 chapters on legal
issues because chances are quite excellent that there will be a myriad of rules
and regulations aimed at your potential array? And also Fred, K1VR's excellent
tome on the legal ins and outs is highly recommended.

    Once you have found someplace that'll actually let you put one up, then you
can get involved in the specifics around your proposed installation. Hoop
jumping, ahoy!

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH