Re: [TowerTalk] Planning for the next move...

To: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Planning for the next move...
From: Craig Smith <craigs@sent.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 12:05:22 -0700
I’d like to reinforce one suggestion earlier in this thread from K9YC.   I
think it contained a lot of wisdom - that may have been lost in the subsequent
discussion.

Namely, focus on site selection first.   Specifically, trees can be your friend!

You understandably want good performance on 40 meters.   But if I had a choice
of a dipole at 90 ft. broadside to Europe supported by trees and a small 40
meter yagi on a 60 ft. tower, I’d take the dipole every time.    If the
forestation permits multiple dipoles, even better.

And, offloading the 40 meter requirement from the tower will allow you to go
even bigger and better on the higher bands.

Something to think about.

73  Craig  AC0DS