Re: [TowerTalk] Motorized winch for a crank up tower.

To: <gregg.w6izt1@gmail.com>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Motorized winch for a crank up tower.
From: "Mal Speer" <malco@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 23:05:36 -0400
I have the same tower and I bought the next size larger winch. It was a
Fulton K2550. You have to make an adapter plate to mount it on the tower. I
bought a 12" X 12" 1/2" Aluminum plate from McMaster-Carr and drilled the
holes with a 1/2" hand drill.
I use that same drill to crank up and down the tower. The whole business
cost me $300 including the drill, which was about $100.
If you search U-Tube you can find videos on the subject.
Mal WA2TWA