Re: [TowerTalk] Amount of "Goop" to use in Telescoping Aluminum Tubing C

To: "jcjacobsen@q.com" <jcjacobsen@q.com>, towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Amount of "Goop" to use in Telescoping Aluminum Tubing Connections?
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 03:34:10 +0000
Good Point Jake….

I have witnessed the problem where too much Penatrox was applied  you would
strip  the Hose camp  threads B-4  you  compressed enough to tighten the  inner
element .

MY procedure for assembling  hose clamped elements is to wipe a blob on  a
cotton Rag  and apply a LIGHT film..  a few exception to that rule is antennas
that require  POP RIVETS through bolts  or screws

Another point to much goop acts like an insulator   except for the  copper
coper  based…. There my be other conductive and electrolysis  protective film I
am not aware  of .

Wayne W3EA