Re: [TowerTalk] UHF (PL259) soldered center with braid crimp or, crimp-c

To: Avery Davis <wb4rtp@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UHF (PL259) soldered center with braid crimp or, crimp-crimp, supply?
From: "Charlie@thegallos.com" <charlie@thegallos.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 16:02:39 -0400
Still wonder why we insist on using PL259, outdoors. DIN connectors, or even
(assuming you don’t push the limits/swr ) N connectors, I’ll say my 80m antenna
is limited by the traps to 500w, (old TV Evans 17/80) and the N connectors (m
and f) I used to replace the 2 pl259s and the barrel where I go from Buryflex
to RG8x (for the hanging part of the coax) has held up well
73 de KG2V