Re: [TowerTalk] Auto tuners, Baluns and open wire feeders

To: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Auto tuners, Baluns and open wire feeders
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 16:34:41 -0500
I’ll display my benighted state by asking a question: why not place an
auto-tuner at the feed point of the doublet? That way, the feed line is flat
and the doublet can be any length, assuming impedance say desired frequencies
are in tang of the tuner. Then, add common mode chokes at the  auto-tuner input
and anywhere else desired. Won’t that do the job?

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the
music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith