Re: [TowerTalk] T2X cable connection at rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, "Chuck Dietz" <w5prchuck@gmail.com>, "Jim W7RY" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>, <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] T2X cable connection at rotor
From: "Bob Shohet, KQ2M" <kq2m@kq2m.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 11:43:56 -0400

Delco 8-way connector trailer plugs:

https://www.delcity.net/store/8!Way-Connector-Loop/p_8776.h_84494.r_IF1003?mkwid=sQG1PDYhP&crid=38094426869&mp_kw=&mp_mt=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3rqajdOt1gIVi1mGCh1JBw6FEAQYASABEgKgPfD_BwE

Absolutely the best to use.  I have used them on ALL of my T2X and Ham IV
rotators (8 of them) with only ONE failure in 19 years – which happened when I
pulled too hard on one cable at an angle and broke off one of the pins when I
carelessly tried to disconnect the plug too quickly.  All of the other plugs
have been pulled out and put back in innumerable times without incident
whenever I swap rotators.  Be sure to use a nice film of silicone grease on
each tine of the 8 tines of the plug as well as putting it into each of the pin
holes on the female connector.  Then pull it out and push it back in a few
times to spread the grease properly and tape carefully around both plugs with
Scotch 88 or Scotch 33 electrical tape.

You will have a sturdy waterproof connection that will last for many years
without failure or headaches;  which, in the BRUTAL winds and weather at my qth
on a hilltop in Western, CT, is proof positive of the durability of anything
that is up and working on my towers.  :-)

73

Bob KQ2M