[TowerTalk] supporting a 40 meter rotatable dipole with trusses

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com, terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Subject: [TowerTalk] supporting a 40 meter rotatable dipole with trusses
From: terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 16:40:04 -0700 (PDT)
Been working on my 40 meter rotatable dipole I plan to put up at 124 feet or
so. But I'm worried about making sure whatever I come up with to fix the 3/16"
dacron truss lines to the elements out about 20' or so are secure. Dealing with
the DXE tubing when it gets down below 1" or so I don't want anything too
heavy. Also don't want to drill and weaken the dipole. I actually came up with
some 'rings' from Wilco just about the right size that would slip over the
0.5", 0.625", 0.750" to I believe the 0.875". There I could use 1/2"-1 1/4"
hose clamps to make sure the ring doesn't slip further up. Just the dacron
wrapped around the ring might be enough to keep that from happening but I don't
trust it.

I'm not sure I could trust just using the hose clamps to hold the dacron line
but I don't want to drill and weaken the tubing in any way.

Any better idea? You can see a few pictures of what I'm building on my QRZ/KI7M
page.

Terry

KI7M

Always building antennas and trying to improve them. ☺