Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor and controller choice

To: Jim <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor and controller choice
From: tommy@k6ye.com
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 23:03:00 -0500
Jim,

Sorry about that. It is the very large (usually black) capacitor connected across the motor leads (C2). Ideally, this cap should have been located at the rotor rather than the controller.

I originally turned a KLM KT-34XA and at another installation, a Force-12 C4-XLD plus a 2L 40-meter yagi. After it failed, I had it rebuilt but went with the Yaesu unit. Hope this helps.

Semper Fi,

Tommy - K6YE
DX IS and CW RULES