Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor loop coax

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor loop coax
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 11:20:44 -0400
I personally do not skimp on coax or connectors however many hams do. It
is not ridiculous to point out that all RG-213 are not equal. I operated
from one contest station in the Caribbean where the coax shield would not
accept solder and there were numerous connector issues. I am sure that
there are many good brands of RG-213, all of mine is Belden 8267.

John KK9A

From:   "Jim" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date:   Sun, 19 Aug 2018 21:58:56 -0500

Because he asked a SIMPLE question. I'm not going to judge what type of
quality of cable he's using... I would assume if one is going to put up a
new tower and tribander and spend 1000s of $$ doing it, he would not scrimp
on a piece of RG-213 coax.

That said, Jim. K9YC, was making a mountain out of a mole hill.

That is my opinion.

Your opinion appears not to be the same.. So be it.

73
Jim W7RY