Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn EP instructions: "Stake all nuts"; what

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn EP instructions: "Stake all nuts"; what
From: GaryK9GS <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 20:49:44 -0500
The original post was for the fasteners used on guy wire equalizer plates.
Like many topics it went off on a tangent.

73,
Gary K9GS
-------- Original message --------From: john@kk9a.com Date: 9/17/18  8:34 PM
(GMT-06:00) To: 'Keith Dutson' <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>,
towertalk@contesting.com Cc: k7nv@contesting.com, richard@karlquist.com
I also suggested using the supplied hardware yesterday
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/towertalk/2018-09/msg00059.html .
N6RK asked a different question regarding using galvanized bolts with Nylock
nuts and that is the question that I answered in my post below.  There are a
lot of things bolted to my towers that are not manufactured by Rohn and I
thought this would be good information to pass along. BTW, not every tower
bolts though the side of the tubing, Rohn towers with flanges come with lock
nuts (Pal) and they definitely should be used.

John KK9A