[TowerTalk] 15m working like 6m trop?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 15m working like 6m trop?
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 21:18:34 -0500
Finished the 15m stack wiring yesterday in anticipation of perhaps getting it into action on this weekend's RTTY DX contest. But of course there were virtually no signals on the band.  What I heard was the ARRL bulletin today and yesterday.

Now here's the strange part.  I'm in Kansas.  Yet when I beamed to the SE (135 bearing), the signals from the ARRL were strong. If I pointed toward NE - the usual ARRL bearing - the signal dropped almost to zero.  In fact over the past 2 days the only signals I have heard are off of the SE bearing.

My question is if 15m can behave like 6m trop?

The only prop on 15m in the last couple of days (when I've been in the shack) seems to be off to the SE.  In fact some SA DX popped up from time to time.  But the ARRL signal was consistently (on the two days) hugely stronger off the 135 bearing compared to the direct 40 degree bearing.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com