Re: [TowerTalk] Feedline for a new tower

To: Matt Frey <matt@spryosi.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Feedline for a new tower
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 21:46:48 +0000
Matt,

Either Coax RG213 or LMR400  will work.  The LMR can work as a rotor loop but
is not as flexible as the RG 213 .  Depending on the type of tower TOP you have
tubular,  Circle or Triangular     that will dictate the type of coax loop
configuration .   I prefer not to use a more flexible  junction   if possible….
“ If it can it will fail  “     I do ground the coax at the base of the tower.
A few co’s make nice SS tower leg clamps  that do it..

Wayne W3EA