Re: [TowerTalk] Skyhawks on TIC Rings

To: Keith Hanson <ac9s@hotmail.com>, "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Skyhawks on TIC Rings
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 21:05:02 +0000
Keith.

IMO if there is a weak point , your failure highlights’  it.

When you install it on TIC ring you extend the  moment   in both the 2022 and
2032 boom cradle design.   If you live in an Extream Ice area  installing  the
optional truss on the TIC ring can overcome this issue.    I have a  Sky Hawk
and being a belt and suspender type  have installed a Philystran  boom truss
support.   ( I lost 9 Yagi antennas in a ice storm with 2” radial ice and high
winds )   the booms all snapped at there mounting point and hung by there
Phillystran supports and rung all through the night like  Ham radio wind chimes
☹

Wayne W3EA