To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 195, Issue 23
From: Drew Vonada-Smith <drew@whisperingwoods.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 16:07:40 +0000
Bruce,

KT34 is an old design.  Go with an interlaced antenna.

Bear in mind that Optibeam uses metric tubing, not easily available in US.
Performance is otherwise good, but I would avoid for practical reasons.
Consider JK Antennas Navassa or the new C3 derivative as a better mechanical
alternative.

73,
Drew K3PA

Message: 2