Re: [TowerTalk] Galvanic Protection of Guy Anchors

To: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Galvanic Protection of Guy Anchors
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 16:19:53 -0500
FWIW, I’m about halfway through excavating my anchor rods, buried in 1989.  The
zinc is gone and they’re rusty, but so far no significant reduction in
diameter.  If I can just find the galvanic stuff in less than broadcast tower
quantities, I’m sure they’ll last longer than I do. This in Wisconsin clay.
YMMV.

73,
Scott K9MA

Scott Ellington