Re: [TowerTalk] HyGain 205CA OPTIMIZED

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HyGain 205CA OPTIMIZED
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 18:48:07 -0300
          Hey Steve,

I don't know the exact answer-HOWEVER, you can likely save yourself some
work and do what I did with my LJ-105CA (10m) HyGain yagi.

I sat the reflector on a plastic milk crate that was on the ground and stood
the yagi up near-vertical (aiming skyward).

I forget now if I had it tied off to the side of the house with rope (kinda
leaning away from the house), or leaning up against a young maple tree at
the end of the driveway, but in any case, my 10m SWR was very close to spec.
Sounds like maybe you have an issue somewhere !? (I am no expert on HyGain
antennas at all, nor is the 10m yagi up these days.)

One trip up the very very short (24') "tower" and that was it. Done.

GL!

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB