[TowerTalk] Travel trailers & efficient antennas?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Travel trailers & efficient antennas?
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 20:34:32 -0300
I'm in the thinking and research stages of buying a travel trailer (don't
even own a truck yet..I drive a MINI) and was not wondering about the actual
antenna itself (I'll likely use a fantastic Scorpion SA680S---have one on my
MINI and love it), but I am wondering about 2 things.

I am primarily a contester and 6m DXer, so my 2 questions:

Has anyone operated using a roof mounted antenna on their trailer at the
100w (or 500w) level in a campground and experienced QRM/RFI to or from
others..and

Has anyone added 2 (or 4) raised (or ground) radials extending out some
distance from the trailer to make it more efficient on the low bands?

I know my questions are vague to a degree..and I am OK with anecdotal
evidence or comparisons to other antennas in an A/B scenario.

Thanks !

Mike VE9AA/VE1TTT/VO1TTT/VO2DX

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB