Re: [TowerTalk] correcting aluminum tube

To: Kim <whensley11@comcast.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] correcting aluminum tube
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 14:06:09 -0700
Here is what worked for me when internal sleeving booms damaged by overzealous U bolt tightening. Way more damage than "faintly discernible".

Chamfer the male end with a smooth file, slather on a lot of Penetrix or No-Alox or similar on both ID and OD (cleaned first), put a wood block against the male part far end to hit with a mallet with somebody holding the out of round female section. If you can't get it started, then expand the female end with ideas mentioned, or make a tapered plug to flare the end a bit.

Grant KZ1W