To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 199, Issue 36
From: Drew Vonada-Smith <drew@whisperingwoods.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 18:21:19 +0000
Bruce,

This is easy to answer.  What you want for a single antenna, reliability, and
maximum SO2R flexibility is an interlaced Yagi, with a triplexer and filters.
There are several good choices sized for your tower, such as the Bencher
Skyhawk and the JK Mid-Tri.

HOWEVER, at that height, why not have a small Yagi on 40M also?  That's an easy
choice, the JK Mid-Tri/40.  Same triplexer needed, as the 40M feed is separate.
 I am using one in the application you describe with good contest success.  I
use the same 589 tower as well - it's wind load capacity is a good match, even
in Kansas.

A lot of punch on four bands for a reasonably sized and simple configuration,
and fully SO2R compatible.  Email me if you'd like more information...QRZ
address.

73,

Drew K3PA

Message: 1