Re: [TowerTalk] Hornet Nest on the End of the Boom - How do you safely g

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hornet Nest on the End of the Boom - How do you safely get rid of this?
From: "W3YY" <w3yy@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 10:18:59 -0400
Forget about spraying.

Just wait until late fall or winter when it gets cold.  The hornets will die
and then you can remove the nest.

I had a big European Hornet's nest in a tree and brought in a professional
exterminator.  That's what he told me to do.  Worked perfectly.  The hornets
died in the winter and never came back in the following years even though the
nest was still there.

73, Bob - W3YY