Re: [TowerTalk] TX 4SQ Bandwidth - 80 and 160

To: "tony.kaz@verizon.net" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>, 'Tim Duffy' <k3lr@k3lr.com>, "'Paul F. Merrill'" <marinesvcs@gmail.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TX 4SQ Bandwidth - 80 and 160
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 18:50:17 +0000
Tony,

My 4 SQ is like Tim’s old design   modified Hy-Gain Hi=towers with aluminum
stingers starting  @  2” and ending in 3/8 “

I lay each tower down ( hinged base) and tune the standing antenna at the base
for 3.510 KHZ.

There are no feedline attached to the comtek box or the base of the other
antennas .

Phase line are cut to 3.650 MHZ   when installed and measured dump power  @
3.660.  is  5 watts  on the Bird

Dump powers A  band  ends  3.500 MHZ and 3.800  MHZ are about equal    110
watts on a 250 watt slug.

Antennas have 112 ¼ wave radials  each

Wayne , W3EA

PS I too ka lightning strike 7/17/19   and instaslled new feedlines and a
DX.Eng 4 sq box …. I need to measure the dump power  but the SWR at the edges
are about the same