Re: [TowerTalk] Masting source

To: "towertalk@contesting.com >> 'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Masting source
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 16:04:18 +0000

For the requested A4S application, 6061-T6 tube would work, even making one from sleeved DXEngineering 0.120" wall tube (which I suggested privately). Cheap and UPS deliverable.

I had a TH7DX (2x an A4S load) on 22ft of 2" x 0.375 6061, 18ft above the house bracketed Rohn 25, it survived 3 hurricanes in EMA. A bit bendy when tilting over the tower, but plenty strong enough.

Another steel choice is A513 DOM, slightly less strong than 4130 but much cheaper. Also more likely in stock.

Grant KZ1W