[TowerTalk] Coax Crimp-On Connectors

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax Crimp-On Connectors
From: Don <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 15:56:16 -0800
One of my New Year Resolutions is to move from slobbering the coax to connector to crimp ons. Based on the comments I read last year on the topic at this site it seemed that most all feel that this process is faster and as reliable if not better than the solder approach.

Looking these tools up I see many different ones available and during the last year I neglected to keep notes.

I'd appreciate input from those with experience with the crimp on connection, particularity in a wet (this is the OR coast) salt air environment. Nothing gets buried and goes from the shack hanging from a long SS cable to the interconnection box, then to and up the tower.

So what brand/source of tool works best for you? And who is a good source for quality UHF crimp on style connectors? My coax of choice is typically RG-8X and 213, in that diameter range.

Has anyone seen a sort of Consumer Reports listing of the crimp on connector tools and/or connector suppliers by quality factors?

Don W7WLL