Re: [TowerTalk] Fiberglass rod

To: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fiberglass rod
From: Dave Sublette <k4to.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2020 13:09:31 -0400
Follow up Question.  My browser now works.  Go figure.  Question:  Is there
any other material (Delrin comes to mind) that you would recommend for this
application?  The rod will be 1.5 inches in diameter and insert at least 6
inches into each half of the dipole. This is a 40 meter dipole and is heavy
(75 pounds).  It is supported by strut ropes, but will be subject to
bending horizontally and to some us flexing as the wind generates lift.
Some torque will be present for the same reason.
Keep in mind, I have a similar material that has been in service
satisfactorily for over a year on my pair of two element Moxons (without
strut ropes).  So I'm sure this will work.  I am  just curious to have the
benefit of your experience.

Thanks,

Dave, K4TO