Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring resonance of a yagi element

To: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring resonance of a yagi element
From: Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 08:38:44 -0500
Hi Tom,
I don't think you are taking the right approach. I don't think you can just
"tune" one element of a Yagi antenna. You need to measure all the element
sections and placements including the element mounts and run them through a
computer design program. Changing any dimension will affect the other
dimensions to some degree. If it is a commercially sold Yagi, the file will
already be available and can be used to optimize the antenna.

Chuck W5PR