[TowerTalk] Inverted Vees

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Inverted Vees
From: Dennis OConnor via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 10:56:59 +0000 (UTC)
The concept of "hot end" versus "cold end" is not supported by the laws of
physics, so there is no difference in performance if you reverse the coax
connections at the antenna.
Getting the center of current as high as possible is an excellent suggestion -
as noted above..

Now, for the nit pickers - Yes, I realize that the dipole end that is lower to
the ground, if connected to the braid side of the feed line,
will/maybe/possibly/could-sorta, lead to increased common mode current on the
outside of the coaxial cable (shrug).
We know it does because of the glowing reports by the OCF true believers who
spout the wonders of their antenna  - which is mostly, if not totally, due to
low angle, vertically polarized, common-mode radiation from the vertical
portion of the feed line. The antenna should be described as a top loaded
coaxial vertical combined with horizontally polarized high angle radiation doe
to the top element(s) being bent over instead of vertical.But, I digress (as
usual)

Denny  K8DO