Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted Vees

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted Vees
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 13:45:51 -0700
On 6/15/2020 11:18 AM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
Also an inverted V does not have the big nulls that a flat dipole has making the inverted V's orientation is less critical.

Calling the nulls "big" is not accurate -- the nulls ARE deep, but they are also relatively narrow in angle. i have dipoles at right angles to each other for 80 and 40 at 120 ft. On any given signal, I rarely see more than 10 dB difference between them, and I work a lot of east coast stations on 80M on the antenna that's off the end to them. And I've worked a lot of JAs on the antenna that's broadside to the east coast and EU.

73, Jim K9YC