[TowerTalk] Orion 2800PX Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Orion 2800PX Question
From: "Robb Urie" <rurie@bajabb.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 16:16:21 -0600
Greetings,

I have a used M2 2800PX rotor and would like to know if anyone has disassembled
one recently.   I know the latest version has grease fittings on the output
shaft to lubricate the bearings, but plan to inspect the internals to ensure
there are no surprises.   This rotor was recently removed from a SK crank-up
and unsure when the last time it was used.   I have tested it with a recently
purchased M2 controller, but with the new tower install starting next week,
wanted to hear from anyone who has taken theirs apart.

If I do use this instead of the Yaesu 2800 that came with this tower. I plan to
add a rubber sleeve or coupling to keep moisture from getting into the upper
shaft seal.

Appreciate any information.

73,

Robb NØRU